Monday, September 17, 2018

September


 *This is what I sent out to my Patrons this month, but I wanted to share it here as well. Content will be still be available on Sundays and maybe Wednesdays. But I really want to start working toward making Reckless Press more of a reality and focus on my writing and deciding if I will self publish through Reckless Press just to get things going. I'm also going to be re-doing my Patron page and explain more of where money will be going etc. and be more open with the day to day business with Reckless Press.  I think that doing that will get more writers interested in the literary journal and Reckless Press as a viable business and publisher. TCM This Week will still be published this week, so look for it soon! And thank you for taking the time read this! 



September 2018 Newsletter

It’s September and fall. Every time that I think of fall I think of change. Not necessarily changing seasons and leaves, but of personal changes. It seems that we start to make shifts towards finishing goals or starting new goals. For me it’s getting started on my bigger goals and my plans for Reckless Press. I haven’t been doing a lot of posting on Patreon because I have let my personal issues take up all my focus. I think my personal matters have become another way to procrastinate, something I need to stop. I can no longer use my personal life as a way to get out of doing the work. With that being said, I plan on making the following changes with Patreon.

  • I plan to start sharing more of what I am working on scripts, short stories, essays etc.
  •  Planning on writing a series of Essays that may or may not be titled The Thing About where I talk about why I like an artist, film, comedian, time period, actor, musician etc., and think about turning these Essays into a book that may become one of Reckless Press’ first published book
  • Focus on getting more people to become Patrons on Patreon
  •  Releasing Photo Essays
  • Working on content in a more cohesive and informed way
  •  Getting involved more with my audience
  • Work on getting more writers interested in Reckless Press and the literary journal.
  •  Finish putting together a Facebook page for Reckless Press
  •  Become more focused on Patreon as a business and a viable platform


Thank you for sticking with me during this time of change and growth and I hope that we can get things moving in the right direction again! Looking forward to hearing from everyone if you have any ideas etc., please feel free to get in touch with me @ RecklessPressLTD@gmail.and follow me on Twitter at ChristineLarran@ Twitter.com!  


No comments:

Post a Comment